Thursday, July 5, 2012

Product Review: Queen Helene Grape Seed Peel-Off Mask


Product Review: Queen Helene Grape Seed Mask


Cost: Around $3
Where to Purchase: Drugstores, Sally Beauty Supply, Target or Ulta
Claims: Get rid of clogged pores that can make skin appear older. Grape Seed Extract contains Polyphenol, a powerful antioxidant similar to that contained in Pycnogenol, a natural skin purifier that helps clean and refine your skin. Minutes after application, Grape Seed Peel Off Masque dries to a peelable film that lifts and draws out impurities from the pores. After the peel, your face will feel clean with revitalized, younger-looking skin. 


Thoughts: The first time I did this mask I did it all over my face. Big mistake. I don't have blackheads of breakouts all over, just in certain areas but I did it all over and when it hardened it was too harsh for my cheek area and forehead. Now, what I do is I just apply it on my nose and chin area and it's really brilliant. No, I don't find that it pulls out all blackheads but it does 'clean up' the area and often times it brings to the surface some of those clogged pores. If you have very sensitive skin this might be too much, try it on your nose first or on a small patch of your skin before putting it all over. The scent might be off putting for some but I don't mind it, it's got a strong... alcohol-like scent to it.
How I use it: On a clean face I spread it evenly on my skin. I wait about 20 minutes until hardened and then peel. I rinse to remove any excess and then moisturize my skin.


Rating: B+





No comments:

Post a Comment