Friday, July 20, 2012

New Products Preview 7/20/12

Ordered some things online, some unique things that I wanted to try out and it's what I call 'online-only' products. Products that I cannot find by walking into Ulta or even a boutique. I'm sharing a little preview before I start trying them out!


In Etsy I found this little company called Simply Sheep, and decided to order their Dead Sea Mud Mask. I'd been wanting a Dead Sea mask and you all know how much I love my masks so I thought why not. 

A 5oz jar is $8.99 and the consistency is very very dense so I know this will last for a long time! It claims: It is highly enriched with 26 different minerals helpful to the skin's health and function and said to aid in keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized. Dead sea mud is known to unclog pores creating younger and healthier looking skin. It has also been shown to provide relief for Psoriasis and Eczema.

I've had Psoriasis since I was 3 yrs old and though I keep it controlled I know some products, like coconut oil helps to moisturize the dryness that my medicine causes. So I will try this out and see if it helps with the Psoriasis breakouts I get on my forehead in the summer :)


The next was a product that has been circulating the online scene for a little while. It's the Skin79 Super Blemish Balm 'BB Cream'. It's one of the original Asian BB creams if I'm not mistaken.


I went ahead and did a quick swatch. Now, this only comes in one color and I was only able to find it in Amazon, it got here in 1 week which I thought was pretty good delivery. It's a pump and you can control how much comes out. Right off the bat I felt the difference from American BB creams. This is a thick, creamy product. This is not a tinted moisturizer AT ALL. It felt like cream foundation, almost whipped foundation. As you can see from the swatch above, that little bit was more than enough for my hand. It covers nearly at Med-coverage which is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a BB cream. I'm really excited to try this product out this week, once finished I will put complete review about it. This has SPF25. Yes!!

Many people have stated that it turns into a gray shade on their skin. Which is true. It does have a concrete-coloring to it HOWEVER, you leave this on your skin for about 5 minutes and it completely adjusted to my skin color without making me look dead. My suggestion is to let it set before crying wolf.

Fun stuff online only, I love these kind of items!

No comments:

Post a Comment