Sunday, June 24, 2012

Product review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation


Product review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Cost: $42
Where to Purchase: Sephora or Cosmetic Counters
Claims: This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion. The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.

Thoughts: Foundations are a tricky thing; it might work just like it says it should for some people and for other people is a bust. I have combination skin and I don't need a lot of coverage so that the medium coverage that this provides is just the right amount. Basically, like many people before me, I absolutely love this foundation. It doesn't feel thick or heavy, it doesn't melt off my face with this Florida heat. It's hands-down my favorite Spring-Summer foundation. I've been using it for a little over a month now and I can soberly say that I will definitely be repurchasing it. Now, I heard that Neutrogena has one that gives this one a run for its money so I shall be getting that one and testing it to see if it's true and perhaps do a comparison. My biggest complain about this thing is the lack of pump and I can't get it at Sephora, they don't carry it you can only find it online. Seriously, NARS? Seriously?
How I use it: I mix this with MAC's stobbing cream on the back of my hand and work it with my fingers until the foundation mixture warms up. Then I place dollops all over my face, using a flat Kabuki brush like the Sigma F80, then I work it into the skin. I also sometimes use my beauty blender sponge and it works just as well. I then set it with a translucent setting powder.

Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment