Saturday, June 30, 2012

Product Review: Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF15

Product Review: Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF15

Cost: $39.50
Where to Purchase: 
Sephora
Claims: 
A three-in-one moisturizer that mattifies immediately, controls oil for up to eight hours, and effectively reduces breakouts.  

Thoughts:
 I'm at a big of an impasse for this product. Because of the simple reason that until I decided to do this review I was completely unaware that this is marketed as a 'moisturizer' and a 'break-out' preventer. I had simply thought of this as a mattifier and an oil-control product. Which for those two specific reasons, this is brilliant on my combination skin. I apply a small amount on my cheek area, where I'm oily at and I've found that it keeps the shininess at bay for the longest our of all my previously used mattifiers. However, if we're to take into consideration that this is supposed to moisturize AND prevent breakouts then I don't know how I feel about. I would definitely NOT use this as a moisturizer and also depend on it for reducing breakouts. 
How I use it: I place half a dime-size amount on my cheeks, rub it in circular motions until it blends into skin. I apply this before concealer or foundation.

Rating:
 C - for false advertising


No comments:

Post a Comment